Mountain climbers are another full body workout so by engaging most muscles in the body you are burning more calories in less time.
They can be performed anywhere as they only require a space and your own body weight.
They benefit muscular and cardiovascular fitness whilst also improving flexibility, blood circulation and overall strength
Mountain climbers is a full body work out and here are a few of the muscles they work; Deltoids, biceps, triceps, pectoralis major, obliques, rectus abdominals, lower trapezius, latissimus dorsi, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip adductors, hip abductors.
How to do Mountain Climbers
- Assume a press up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart with straight arms
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg
- Continue alternating for the desired number of reps or time